One of the ways to evaluate and get feedback on your spec script is to hear it read aloud. Does your dialogue work when actual humans are reading it? Is it clear who your main characters are, what their problem is, and where your story is going… in the first 10-15 pages?
Here’s your chance to get your screenplay read by trained actors in front of a group of aspiring writers and filmmakers who could offer you valuable feedback and an informed perspective which could help you improve your next draft.
To that end, we’re putting out a Call for Entries to TSA members who would like to have their script considered for a table read during an episode of Page 2 Screen. Submissions will be reviewed for consideration and writers will be notified if their script is chosen and when the episode will be filmed.
Writer(s) must be dues-paying members of the Tennessee Screenwriting Association before they submit their script for consideration (join or update your membership at http://www.TennScreen.com). In addition, script submissions must be:
- A completed, feature-length screenplay between 90-120 pages. No pilots or shorts.
- A script which is properly formatted and free of typos and errors.
- A script which is the writer’s original idea, not an adaptation of another work or someone else’s intellectual property.
- A script which has not been optioned, sold, or had any legal or creative rights ceded to another party. We recommend that material be copyrighted or registered with WGA before submitting.
Since one goal of Page 2 Screen is to promote local writers and local filmmaking, preference will be given to script entries that could be filmed on a low budget (under $5 million), rather than sprawling epics or blockbusters that have little chance of being made. Since the format of our show only allots enough time to read the first 10-15 pages, preference will also be given to scripts that have a strong first act.
Submitting Your Screenplay
If you would like your script to be considered by Page 2 Screen, send your completed screenplay as a pdf document to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information in your email text:
- Script Title & Name of Author(s)
- Page Count
- Genre (comedy, thriller, horror, etc)
- Logline (1-2 sentences)
If Your Script Is Selected
Simply submitting a script does not guarantee a slot on the show. Any TSA member can sign up to read their material at TSA’s Zoom meetings every Wednesday and we urge all members to take full advantage of that opportunity. But should your script be selected to be featured on Page 2 Screen…
- Writer(s) will be asked to sign waivers that allow Page 2 Screen & NECAT to exhibit your intellectual property on the show.
- Writer(s) will be required to be present during filming (shoots are held the last Wednesday of the month) and be available for comments and questions after the performance.
We expect to get multiple entries and it may be several months until we can work a Selection into our shooting schedule, so please be patient.
We look forward to reading your script!